This section delves into the personal side of my life. In some cases when using a word or phrase that may not instantly be known or understood, I link it to a definition or an outside website that will be able to clarify its meaning.
Born: August 22, 1972 (50 years) North Carolina
Home: Atlanta, Georgia
Relationship Status: Polyamorous, Married, Mutually Open
- Zak (spouse, married 8/2020)
- Robert (boy, tagged 6/2022)
- Dan (son, tagged 10/2022)
- Handy (pup, collared 9/2023)
- Pup Dante
Stats: 5’9”, 160 lbs / 72 kg
Occupation: Addiction Counselor, Harm Reductionist, Educator
Astrology: Born on the cusp of Leo/Virgo. Leo sun, Virgo moon, Taurus rising.
I generally hate writing bios, so I’ll give you some random bullet points instead.
- I was branded a “gifted kid” in 3rd grade and never really recovered from it. My childhood was, to put it gently, traumatic.
- I’m a veteran of the US Air Force (medic) who served under “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” and later challenged it when I came out to my commanding officer and was discharged. To this day, my DD-214 lists the reason for discharge as “Homosexual Admission”. I testified against the policy that was finally repealed in 2011.
- I have been in sustained abstinent recovery from cocaine use since Valentine’s Day 1996.
- I have two food-related allergies: aspartame and ginger.
- I am an extroverted introvert in that I enjoy people, but need quiet time to recharge.
- Random junk foods I like include caramel, Dr. Pepper, Reese’s, Bubble Gum Jelly Belly jellybeans
- Here are a few photos while I work on adding more.
Want to Dig Deeper?
Mature subjects discussed in a frank, vulnerable, and mature way.
My history as a musician and a voracious consumer of music.
A collection of my writing in a wide range of subject areas.