If you’re feeling lost these days, you are not alone. Many people (including me) go through periods of uncertainty and confusion, loneliness and fear. Here are a few ideas for helping to get back on track; they work for me and maybe some of them will work for you:
- Set goals. It’s important to set goals for yourself, whether they are short-term or long-term. Having something to work towards can give you a sense of purpose and direction.
- Embrace failure. Don’t be afraid to fail. Failure is a natural part of the learning process and can often teach us valuable lessons. Instead of viewing failure as a setback, view it as an opportunity for growth.
- Surround yourself with positive people. The people you surround yourself with can have a big impact on your life. Surround yourself with positive and supportive people who encourage and inspire you. (DAD TIP: Positive people can also call you on your bullshit…)
- Be open to new experiences. Trying new things can help you discover what you’re passionate about and what you enjoy. Be open to new experiences and don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone.
- Take care of yourself. It’s important to prioritize your physical and mental health. Make sure you’re getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and taking time for self-care.
Learn to trust your instincts and most importantly, don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Never forget that I love you, and that excludes no one.